Thursday 1 August 2013

Our Favourite Dettmann Records


With the announcement of Dettmann's new album, I asked the crew and Quail what their favourite Dettmann tune was and why.  There was no further discussion about it, but everyone picked a different yin.  It really highlights the quality of his output and I like the fact that you can get a feel for what all of us are about as DJs, just with picking 1 tune from 1 artist.  It's coool.

Let us know what your pick would be! 



Junior Boys – Work (Marcel Dettmann Remix)

“Hard man, but I think his remix of junior boys is maybe the only tune I can think of that whether u are into house or techno you won’t find one person that doesn’t think it’s the fuckin’ business”

Adam

Marcel Dettmann – Kernel

“Simple, yet pounding, right up my strase.  It sounds like what robots would listen to while going into battle.  The hypnotising bass and hat work makes my brain ejaculate all over the inside of my face”

Lovejoy

Gowentgone – M.A.M (Marcel Dettmann Remix)

Unfortunately this is the only video for this track on youtube, it mixes out of the 1st tune around 1.30is I think.

“One of the first records I owned, played countless times and it still sounds as fresh as ever”

Shaun

Commix – Satellite Type 2 (Marcel Dettmann Remix 2)

“I love the stripped back, warehouse vibe you get from this, it’s really hypnotic and just kinda locks you in to its groove.  It's gonna sound just as good in 10 or 15 years, which says it all for me.”

Iain

Marcel Dettmann - Let's Do It

"Probably my first introduction to Dettmann and still grabs me every time. Stripped back and tough, those breath-y synth stabs and jarred rhythm are quintessentially Dettmann."

Quail (Animal Farm)

No comments:

Post a Comment